GC Home | Register |
Town | Info
Explosion Holiday Vest
Pauline Richards, Total
(As published in Fall 1997, Volume 1,
Number 4 issue of Total Embellishment Newsletter)
- A favorite vest pattern
- Red velvet for vest front and back
- Vest lining fabric
- About 2 1/2 yards of 1"- wide
holiday ribbon (exact amount will depend on vest size)
- Thread to match ribbon
- About 3 1/4yards of gold braid (exact
amount will depend on vest size)
- Gold metallic thread
- 1 gross package of 3mm round metallic
iron-ons (available from Total Embellishment)
- 1/2 yard of tear-away stabilizer
Embellishing your vest:
- Position tear-away stabilizer under
- Using the pattern opposite as a guide,
position the holiday ribbon on the vest fronts.
- Stitch the ribbon edges in place using
- Pin the gold braid in place, using the
pattern as a guide.
- Using gold thread, stitch the braid in
place with a straight or zig zag stitch.
- Remove the tear-away stabilizer.
- Position iron-on metallic circles
about every 1/2" using the pattern as a guide. (If
you are making a vest larger than size 12, space circles
farther apart, or purchase two packages of circles.)
- Cover the circles with a clear press
cloth, making sure they remain accurately positioned, and
press with a dry iron for 15-20 seconds to secure.
- Allow the embellishment to cool for a
few seconds, check for secure bonding and peel off the
plastic backing. (Re-press any that are not totally
secure before removing film.)
- Complete the vest according to the
More information on
Print out the following pattern to fit an 8
1/2" x 11" piece of paper:
Back to the Get Creative!
Back to Meet the Get