GC Home | Register | Shop | Learn | Business | Around Town | Info
Materials to make one garden glove:
one cotton garden glove
one handful of polyester fiberfill
one tea bag
black pigma pen
one yard 1-1/2" wide wired ribbon, your choice of color
Variety of preserved greens
black crafting wire
mini wooden birdhouse
black wired stake to hang birdhouse
1) Lightly stuff the glove fingers and thumb with the polyester fiberfill. Do not over stuff or the shape of the glove will distort and you will be unable to arrange the greenery successfully.
2) Soak the tea bag in 1/2 cup of hot water and then use like a sponge to antique the glove. The color will lighten slightly when dry.
3) Make sure the glove is completely dry before proceeding to the next step.
4) Using a garden saying, print it on your glove with the pigma pen. Use a whimsical lettering style, and don't worry if it's slightly crooked, this only adds to the charm.
5) With the wired ribbon, fold over one raw edge twice using small 1/4" folds. From the other end, pull one of the wires to tightly ruche, ort gather, the ribbon edge.
6) Starting and ending at the back of the glove, glue gun the ribbon around the cuff of the glove.
7) Using the glue gun arrange the preserved greenery in the top of the glove. Then glue in the parchment roses to add interest and color. Hang the birdhouse from the wire stake and glue in place amongst the greenery. If your birdhouse lacks a hanger, you may wish to glue it directly into the top of the glove.
8) To help the glove remain upright, stuff some more fiberfill in-between the stems of the greenery. Top with some spanish moss for interest.
9) Finish by twisting a piece of crafting wire and sewing onto the inside of the cuff to act as a hanger.
-- Gardening... just another day at
-- I'm in the garden
--The only thing I grow in my garden is tired
--Bloom where you are planted
--Slowly but surely, day by day, flowers & friendship grow that way
More information on Marie Browning Creates
Back to the Get Creative! Conference Center
Back to Meet the Get Creative! Experts
Advertisers & Virtual Advantage Web Design Clients
A Stitch in Time Quilting
Abby's Attic Quilting & Fabric
Buggy Barn Quilts
Carriage Country Quilts
Charlotte's Sew Natural
Cozy Kitten Quilts
Deborah Gayle Sales
Flamingo Island Designs LLC
Fat Quarter Quilters
Front Porch Quilts
GreatPond Quilts LLC
Grandmas Attic Quilting
Judy's Barlup's Unique Techniques
Liberty Quilt Shop
LS Boudreau Quilt Fabric Store
Muggin's Designer Hats
Quiltmakers Quilt Shop
Quilts by the Bay
Sew Bee It
Sew Many Options Tours
Stacey's Quilty Conscience
Suzanne's Quilt Shop
The Quilting Circle
The Quilted Crow
Weather or Not Fabrics
VA Quilt Shops
Virtual Advantage Quilt Shop Resource
York Street Quilting Co.
BC Holstein News
Cedarland Forest Products
Davit Systems Demo
Silencer Products Int.
Heat Safe Industries
Lake Tahoe House Rental
BC Fishing Resorts
BC Fishing Directory
BC Fishing Derby Resource
BC Sport Fish, BC Sport Fishing
Salmon Sports BC Fishing
Kaslo Bay Resort & Condo Dev
Highland Powder Skiing
Blackfish Desert Race
S'more Camping Please